Scroll To Top
As the weather gets colder we all think of the inevitable FLU… The shivers, diarrhea, muscle aches, nothing to look forward to! Here are a few tips to make sure you stay home and healthy this winter.
· Get your flu and pneumonia shot
· Wash your hands frequently and especially after using the restroom
· Cover your mouth when you cough
· Stay away from people who have signs of the flu
· If you have symptoms stay away from healthy individuals for 48 hours after symptoms resolve
· Maintain a healthy diet
· Maintain a healthy exercise routine
If you do develop symptoms here are a few tricks to keep yourself out of the hospital.
· Drink plenty of fluids
· Ask your Physician about taking Tylenol for fever and medicine for a cough or diarrhea
· Wash your hands
· Try cough drops and warm compresses to your sinuses
· Call a friend or family member to stay with you